Sista is a charitable organization, established in Port Vila, Vanuatu, which is driven by feminist values. We use arts, media and communications to empower women and girls, raise awareness and advocate on issues that affect them. Our aim is to help Vanuatu to achieve a gender balanced and respectful society.
When Sista was first established in 2016, we started as an online magazine. As the years went by, our work expanded beyond information sharing and towards implementation. In 2018, we began our journey as a charitable organization and in 2019 we officially registered. Sista’s office is based in a shared space above Chuan Store at Freswota.
The Web and media technician will be expected to work across various projects as directed by the Executive Director.
- Speak fluent English and Bislama
- Experience building websites and graphic design
- Ability to collect and segregate information
- Willing to participate in group discussions to shape project activities
- Must be self-motivated and self-led
- Able to work with a team and support members with their tasks
- Manage overall ICTS for Sista office
The Executive Director will supervise the web and media technician for the duration of the work placement.
- Must bring own laptop computer
- Must arrive in a timely manner
- Information is kept confidential
- Willing to apply leadership and critical thinking skills
Please email your CV to [email protected] if you think this is you by the end of September 2020.