¼ cup oil
¼ cup suga
2 cup ripe pawpaw (mashem mo sievem out juice blo hem)
3 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ginger
1 cup coconut milk
1tbsp juice blong lemon
Fasin blong mekem
- Grisim gud baking tray blo yu mo mekem oven blong yu I hot I ready long 180 degrees C
- Long wan bigfala bowl mixim oil mo suga gud.
- Afta addem ek I ku, sakem wan fes taem mo tantanem gud afta addem nara wan mo mekem sem ak nauia yu save addenap pawpaw mo tantanem gud bakagen.
- Seftem flour wetem baking soda, baking powder mo ol spice afta tantanem wetem mix blong pawpaw.
- Addem water mo juice blong lemon mo ol raisins tu.
- Putum I ko insaed long wan tin blong bake we yu bin greasim gud finis.
- Bake long 40-50 minutes
This recipe was provided by the Wan Smolbag Nutrition Centre. The Nutrition Centre offers cooking classes that are combined with agricultural workshops to promote a healthy diet and lifestyle. The centre provides youth the opportunity to learn the nutritional value of ingredients and different cooking methods and recipes from around the world. It uses local ingredients from their onsite garden and the market to provide tasty and nutritious meals.
The Nutrition Centre offers an affordable and nutritious lunch weekdays from 12 noon – 1pm. It is open to the public. Visit their Instagram account for images of some of their latest creations.
The Nutrition Centre provides a catering service for functions and events at Wan Smolbag and offsite. If you are looking for a healthy catering service, please call 27119 and ask for the Nutrition Department.