This shake is ideal for those who are seeking protein without using any animal products. Drink it as a yummy, quick snack or if you’re needing an energy boost, have one before a work out.
- 1 banana for potassium and carbs for energy
- 2 dates for sweetness
- 200mls of soy milk for protein
- Tofu for protein. Tofu can be purchased in the cold section at Au Bon Marche. Buy the firm one as it has more protein. Use half and save the other half in water in a container in the fridge.
- Dash of coconut oil by locally made Tambeana, as it is cold pressed and organic. Good fats are essential in a vegan diet.
- Tablespoon of Tanna Farms peanut butter. It has protein, good fats and coconut oil.
- Add either vanilla bean or organic cacao powder, which is a super food and is full of antioxidants. Support local and buy Venui vanilla beans.
- A pinch of rock salt. Avoid using Saxa Salt, which is popular in Vanuatu. It doesn’t have the vital minerals that rock, sea or celtic salt has.
Put all ingredients into a blender and VOILA – a yummy, Vanuatu style, vegan protein shake!
By Chanelle Bjornum
Chanelle Bjornum is a mother of one, certified yoga teacher and lover of all things natural. Born and raised in Vanuatu to a Filipino mother and Swedish father, follow her on Instagram to check out her vegan creations and island living.