Have you written a short story? A poem? A memory or essay? Be part of a Vanuatu women writers’ anthology to celebrate Vanuatu’s 40th independence anniversary! Expected date of publication in late 2020.
Immediate call for submissions: The editors seek creative writing submissions from Vanuatu women writers over the age of 18 of poetry, fiction (short stories, flash fiction) and non-fiction (essay, memoir) that showcase the richness of the voices and experiences that have shaped Vanuatu. Short or long – we are keen to read your best and thought provoking writing in English, Bislama and French.
Dead-line: Submissions are open until 5 pm on 15 December 2019.
Please send your best writing to: [email protected]
How to submit:
- Submit up to 3 poems or 2 pieces of fiction or creative non-fiction. Send in the body of the email or as email attachment (word doc).
- Put ‘Anthology’ in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Include a short bio (40 words) about yourself.
- Maximum word length for fiction and non-fiction (short story, flash fiction, memoir, essays) is 2,000 words. It can be as short and sharp as you like, as long as it is a good!
- For poetry the maximum length is 40 lines per poem.
About the book:
This anthology of fiction, creative non-fiction and poetry celebrates women’s voices and the experiences that have shaped Vanuatu. The editorial team consists of Yasmine Bjornum, Mikaela Nyman, Telstar Jimmy, Jane Kanas and Stephanie Ephraim. We will also draw on the expertise of others for the proof edits. We invite submissions of previously unpublished work – fiction, non-fiction (incl. essay and memoir) and poetry – that remembers, explores or interrogates the past and contemporary life in Vanuatu. We want to hear a range of voices and experiences. We are also keen to hear from any Ni-Vanuatu writers currently living or studying overseas.