Are you gluten intolerant? Are you looking for a tasty treat that uses natural ingredients instead of all the refined stuff that generally goes into yummy treats? Then try this delicious gluten free banana cake! It’s healthy, easy to make and great for the whole family. Pack it into the kid’s lunchbox as a snack or share it with a girlfriend over tea.
1 cup mashed bananas
½ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup of maple syrup or honey
1/3 cup coconut oil
200g manioc flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a large bowl, beat coconut oil and maple syrup together
- Add eggs, softened butter and vanilla essence into same bowl. Mix well before slowly stirring in the mashed bananas with a large spoon.
- In a separate bowl, beat manioc flour and desiccated coconut.
- Combine all ingredients into one bowl and whisk to blend.
- Pour batter into a greased cake pan
- Leave in the oven for 45 minutes