CARE and Sista are delighted to announce that we are now accepting Mentor Expressions of Interest for the 2022 Young Women’s Leadership Program (YWLP)!
Funded with the generous support of the Australian government through the Gender Equality Fund, the YWLP is a 12-month program that will promote and develop leadership and action for the promotion of gender quality and the elimination of violence against women and girls.
This program will support 50 emerging young women leaders aged between 18-30 to participate in a leadership program involving a series of participatory seminars and practical actions. The program will be based in Port Vila and across Tafea province1 and be co-delivered by CARE and Sista.
About the Role and Responsibilities
The mentoring component of the program seeks to provide program participants with a source of
support, guidance and expertise to draw on as they participate in the program. The role of a mentor is to help program participants to realise their potential as emerging leaders for gender equality.
Mentors will be expected to:
• Participate in a 3 day workshop on mentoring and leadership in the context of gender
transformation in September 2021
• Mentor a young emerging woman leader over a 12-month period. This will involve a minimum of
two hours a month from September 2021- June 2022
• Facilitate opportunities for YWLP participants through providing or linking them to internships,
work experience placements, or other opportunities for them to develop their leadership skills and
• Mature Ni-Vanuatu woman with leadership experience from at least one of a variety of
backgrounds, including across civil society, the private sector and government
• Have a passion for gender equality and ending violence against women and girls and; interested
in working together to advance women’s rights
• Able to commit to a time to meet with YWLP mentee that is suitable for both mentor and mentee.
1CARE (Efate and Tafea) and Sista (Efate)’s main area of operations in Vanuatu.
How to apply
Submit your interest by writing an email or cover letter EOI addressing why you are interested in being
a mentor and how your experience matches each selection criteria by 20 August 2021.
Please ensure that your Expression of Interest includes:
– your full name and age
– your phone and email contact details, and
– details of any study and/or work commitments that would impact your availability for
workshops and mentoring meetings to help the CARE team planning and matching with
Please address EOIs to the CARE GET Team: Young Women’s Leadership Program Mentor and submit:
• in person at CARE office in Port Vila (Paray Wharf Road, Nambatu) or Tanna (Isangel)
• via post to PO Box 1129, Port Vila, or
• via email [email protected]
CARE will review the applications and make a final selection by 27 August 2021.