It’s April and the market stalls are plentiful of the seasonal vegetable of the moment – green beans! Here is an Asian inspired recipe that you can make at home for the whole family to enjoy.
500g of Pork Shoulder
1 Bundle of Green Beans chopped (2cm)
1 Whole Onion Sliced
3 Cloves of Garlic Grated
3 Tbs of Plain Flour
4 Tbs of Fish Sauce
4 Tbs of Vegetable Oil
1 Tbs of Soy Sauce
2 Tea Spoons of Black Bean Sauce/Paste
½ A Cube of Chicken Stock
2 Pinches of Sesame Seeds
- Slice pork shoulder into cubes, add fish sauce mix well and add plain flour.
- Mix well so that flour is evenly distributed.
- Heat up a wok or pan, add oil.
- Make sure oil is hot not over heated.
- Add soy sauce to into the pan (Be careful as the oil usually spits when you add soy sauce).
- Place pork into pan and let it sit and sizzle for 1-2mins then stir.
- When pork starts turning golden brown or starts caramelising, Add Grated garlic, onions and Black bean sauce. Stir well so black bean sauce spreads evenly on the mixture.
- After 1-2mins add chopped long beans and chicken stock,
- Mix well, leave on the high flame to cook for another 2mins and stir.
- Take 2 pinches of sesame seeds and sprinkle generously over the pork.
TAADAAAAA!!! ET VOILA!
TAEM BLO KAKAI!
It should take less than 10 mins to prepare and less than 15 mins to cook 🙂
Make sure not to overcook the Pork as it may be too dry.
By Ashiana Carcasses
Ashiana is a mother to a one-year-old daughter, with another baby on the way. Her mother is from Tanna and her father is from Mauritius. Ashi is a creative soul that loves everything feminine from makeup and manicures to cooking food using seasonal ingredients in her ‘smol kitchen’.